How create a custom Panel (macro) in JIRA Software (not in Confluence)

Dr Darren R C Kelly November 20, 2017

AIM: Have some reusable customised panels such as 'warning', 'error', with standard colors and markup for Issue tracking pages.

I've seen lots of tutorials and guides for creating panel macros in Confluence such as:

But I can't find out how to do it in JIRA Software (without Confluence).

Both Confluence-specific articles above refer to:

• Go to  > General Configuration > User Macros.

I can't find that in JIRA Software.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Hello,

There is no such functionality in Jira Software or Jira Core or Jira Service desk. Macros are only for Confluence.

Dr Darren R C Kelly November 20, 2017

Thanks for clear prompt answer. It's a shame JIRA Software does not support it, I expect it is a common need.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

There are a couple of requests in Atlassian's Jira for it, but very little activity, suggesting it's not a common need. 

Simple formatting is enough for most Jira users, although I've seen a couple of creative uses of Scripted fields to highlight things in issues.

0 votes
Dang Thi Thuy Tien
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Suggest an answer