How could I export additional information from the Issues Navigator page?

Liam Whitenack June 3, 2021

I'm working on a project where I find the mean time to repair a software error. I know how to export all of the issue data onto a .csv file, but the information I have is not as descriptive as I would like. Is there any way I could see the data of when each issue was moved to "In progress"?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

You can't really have a baseline of issues data in Jira. You can explore the issue history if you're looking for something specific or use the advanced search by querying with WAS operator. Have a look at the advance search reference page - JQL operators.

1 vote
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

The easiest way to achieve your goal would be creating a custom field (date/time) that automatically takes the date and time of the trassition to wahtever status means "repaired" in your workflow. You can use a postfunction for this.

Another calculated custom field could then substract the date/time of the creation of the issue from the date/time of this "repaired" status... and there you have your "time to repair" for each issue.

Additionally, if you know the issues aren't allways created in timely manner, you could have another custom field called "first contact" or something of the sorts that you should manually enter at issue creation and have your time to repair defined as "repaired time" - "first contact".

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Liam Whitenack 

Also, you can check out Time in Status for Jira Cloud app developed by my team. Status Entrance Date report allows you to get dates when each issue was moved to the specific status.

Status entrance.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events