How can you tell when your project will finish?

Reid Badgett February 16, 2013

I would like to know any given time, what our release date will be for everything in the backlog (including items remaining in the current Sprint). Or similarly, when I have a release date that I want to deliver a project by, I want to know what items from the backlog will make it in by that release date.

In the past, prior to Greenhopper, I have used an excel spreadsheet that lists all the user stories, with their story points and I know that I have X number of story points until the release date. Based on the velocity and the story points I have, I can figure out what will make it in to the product by the release date.

This feels like something that should be achievable in Greenhopper either through a burndown chart for the entire project (rather than on a per sprint basis) or through some other means.

How do people achieve this functionality in Greenhopper?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

This is not yet implemented in GreenHopper, I can only say it is coming soon. Please check the GreenHopper feature progress at https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=405&useStoredSettings=true

Reid Badgett February 17, 2013

I dont see an existing feature request for this particular feature. Do you have a link to one?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

Click on 'Release Management' epic on the left panel. All the stories there are related to this.

Suggest an answer