How can you tell when your project will finish?

I would like to know any given time, what our release date will be for everything in the backlog (including items remaining in the current Sprint). Or similarly, when I have a release date that I want to deliver a project by, I want to know what items from the backlog will make it in by that release date.

In the past, prior to Greenhopper, I have used an excel spreadsheet that lists all the user stories, with their story points and I know that I have X number of story points until the release date. Based on the velocity and the story points I have, I can figure out what will make it in to the product by the release date.

This feels like something that should be achievable in Greenhopper either through a burndown chart for the entire project (rather than on a per sprint basis) or through some other means.

How do people achieve this functionality in Greenhopper?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

This is not yet implemented in GreenHopper, I can only say it is coming soon. Please check the GreenHopper feature progress at https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=405&useStoredSettings=true

I dont see an existing feature request for this particular feature. Do you have a link to one?

Click on 'Release Management' epic on the left panel. All the stories there are related to this.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 05, 2018 in Jira Software

Jack Graves: Real Ale enthusiast with a knack for Jira Software implementation

@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...

96,835 views 4 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you