How can we modify the Atlassian footer shown in Classic Boards?

Qualcomm Support March 10, 2015

When users navigate to their Classic Boards, they see the Atlassian notice regarding deprecation of Classic Boards in March 2015. This is causing confusion and creation of internal support tickets as our users think that we are the ones deprecating Classic Boards.

Atlassian was unable to give us a solution, so I'm posing to the community - Have you been able to safely and consistently modify/disable the Atlassian-created footer that appears in the Classic Boards?

3 answers

2 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2015

If it does affect any other important notifications, I believe it would only be in JIRA Agile based on the div id being "gh-persistent-notifications" - "gh" is likely short for GreenHopper (Agile).

If you are able to locate any other notifications in your instance of JIRA that you'd like to test against, you can use a browser's web development tools to check the ID of the notification:

gh-persistent-notifications Firebug.pngI hope that helps!

0 votes
Qualcomm Support March 25, 2015

Hi Shayne,

So, that definitely worked in our test environment, but I'm wondering if based on the parameters will it suppress all Atlassian notifications, or all notifications marked as 'important'? Is there a difference between the two?

Thanks,

Sarah

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2015

Try navigating to Administration >> System >> Announcement Banner, then enter the following:

<style type="text/css">
    #gh-persistent-notification {
        display:none !important;
    }
</style>

Set the banner and reload a Classic board to see if the warning still shows up.

Suggest an answer