How can we have a different User Story workflow for different projects within the same instances

Amudha Kannan June 20, 2022

How can we have a different User Story workflow for different projects within the same JIRA Cloud - site (standard Plan)

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hi,

you will need to create different workflow scheme and associate them with yours projects.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-edit-and-delete-an-issue-workflow-scheme/

2 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Amudha Kannan ,

Hope you are doing well!!

Yes, we can have different workflows for user stories in different projects.

To achieve this :

Step 1: 

Create New Workflow with the required set of statuses and transition. 

Step 2:

Create a New Workflow scheme and associate the newly created/existing workflow to the workflow scheme with the issue type. 

Step 3:

Associate newly created workflow scheme to the project.

- Atlassian has created a detailed document on how to manage workflows.

Manage issue workflows

Hope this information helps you. 

Cheers,
Mayur

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2022

Hi @Amudha Kannan,

you can set up multiple workflows and then assigned them to individual projects. You don't have to use and share the same workflow among projects! :)

I heavily recommend going through the official documentation What are Jira workflows? to get a better understanding of how to work with workflows in company-managed projects in Jira. Let me know if you have any other questions or need additional support. :) 

Best, Max

Amudha Kannan June 20, 2022

Thanks @Max Foerster - K15t 

Can you check the suggestion  @Srilaxmi Pampana 

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2022

You're welcome. As I said, if you have additional questions, I'm happy to support. :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events