How can we extract the aging report of assigned bugs to user along with the ISSUE HISTORY.

Brajendra Singh July 3, 2017

How can we extract the aging report of assigned bugs to user along with the ISSUE HISTORY.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2017

What do you mean by "extract"?  The data is in the issue history, which you can read.

Yes in issue history data is available however could you please let me know how can check and download the same in one go. Its bit difficult to open all issue and check the details one by one. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2017

You'll need to write some code to "download" this information en-masse.  At the very least, an extract to expose it on issues so that you can export it.

Dear Nic, could you please help me with getting the code to exract the ageing of last assignee. Thanks in advance.

Brajendra Singh July 4, 2017

Please help

Brajendra Singh July 5, 2017

Dear Nic, looking forard for your valuable reply. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

I'm sorry, I missed the email updates.

I can't really help you with the code without writing it myself, and I don't have the time to do that (and I'm not a coder, so if I did, it probably would not be that good anyway)

You'll need to start with a proper specification too - "extract aging report" doesn't tell us enough.  You'll need to define what format you want the data in, what issues you're trying to get, and so-on.  Then you can decide on a structure for it (how you implement it in JIRA) and then select how to do it - add-on, scripting, extract, etc.

Some ideas might be:

• Create an add-on that gives you a new view on the issue navigator
  • Write a project report add-on
  • Expose the data you are looking for as a simple scripted field that you can then show in the issue navigator (and hence dump out in one of the views like excel or xml)

Suggest an answer