How can i see Story and Task in the next-gen board by Epic?

Lee Jiaqi June 12, 2019

How can i filter by epic and still get to see the child of my story in next-gen project? To begin with, if i do not apply any filter or grouping, i only see Story with no related Task at all.

1. If group by subtask, i am able to see the Task

2. When i apply filter by epic, my Tasks disappears

3. If i group by anything else, i dont see the Task

Can anyone help? I want to be able to see both Story and Task in the next-gen board by Epic.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2020

It's now possible to filter by epic and group by subtasks!

Lee Jiaqi February 17, 2020

You are wonderful! Thank you, it works! :)

1 vote
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Thanks @Lee Jiaqi - we're on it and will have this resolved soon

christina July 26, 2019

@Eoin Will you be having it flow Epic-->Story-->Task-->Subtask??

Our projects are all set up to have Epics which are comprised of Stories to which tasks are assigned ... and some tasks have subtasks.  I would love to be able to filter the board to see the specific task that are within an Epic and Story ...

Eoin
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2019

The solution we are working on for fixing the filtering/grouping problem will give you a view of all work under an epic when grouping for subtasks is enabled. Although you won't see the story and tasks relationship on the board (only in the issue view). I hope this helps.

Enas Ahmed Zaki November 18, 2019

@Eoin is there any updates?

Suggest an answer