How can i prevent new stories being assigned to DONE epics

Deleted user December 4, 2013

When creating a new story, I don't want users to be able to assign items to epics that have a status of DONE. Is there any way to remove or filter out the completed epics from the drop down listing for Epic assignment?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2013

I have created an Improvement based on this in GHS-10160. I encourage you to vote and watch the request to increase its popularity and receive any future updates.

Aisha M October 4, 2018

@Zul NS _Atlassian_ Hello, I m looking for a solution to the exact same problem. I looked at the ticket on Atlassian and its marked as resolved. Any idea how to do that ? Thank you 

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2018

@Aisha M Looks like we got it resolved on Cloud and on Jira Server 7.1 - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-9993 

Which version are you on?

If you are still having trouble on the fixed version, may want to share some more details in a new Question or new Support ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com

Have a good day!

Like Tim Smolders likes this
Aisha M October 31, 2018

@Zul NS _Atlassian_ Hi, thank you for the reply !

I am using the JIRA Server. I understand that the ticket for the problem has been resolved, but where is the resolution mentioned ? (Like from the ticket where do i see the steps for achieving that). Thank you

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
October 31, 2018

@Aisha M focusedCommentId=876034

Martin mentioned that the Epic that is marked as DONE in Epic Status field will not be part of the drop-down list.

Like Tim Smolders likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events