How can i prevent new stories being assigned to DONE epics

When creating a new story, I don't want users to be able to assign items to epics that have a status of DONE. Is there any way to remove or filter out the completed epics from the drop down listing for Epic assignment?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I have created an Improvement based on this in GHS-10160. I encourage you to vote and watch the request to increase its popularity and receive any future updates.

@Zulfadli Noor Sazali Hello, I m looking for a solution to the exact same problem. I looked at the ticket on Atlassian and its marked as resolved. Any idea how to do that ? Thank you 

@Aisha M Looks like we got it resolved on Cloud and on Jira Server 7.1 - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-9993 

Which version are you on?

If you are still having trouble on the fixed version, may want to share some more details in a new Question or new Support ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com

Have a good day!

@Zulfadli Noor Sazali Hi, thank you for the reply !

I am using the JIRA Server. I understand that the ticket for the problem has been resolved, but where is the resolution mentioned ? (Like from the ticket where do i see the steps for achieving that). Thank you

@Aisha M focusedCommentId=876034

Martin mentioned that the Epic that is marked as DONE in Epic Status field will not be part of the drop-down list.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 05, 2018 in Jira Software

Jack Graves: Real Ale enthusiast with a knack for Jira Software implementation

@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...

96,855 views 4 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you