How can i Freeze(not editable) the Test Case in Zephyr?

Saseetha Gowthaman April 24, 2020

How can i Freeze(not editable) the Test Case in Zephyr? Once the test case review is completed and approved, i would like to freeze the test case. so it is not edit able for rest of the testing cycle. thanks

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2020

As of now this feature is not available, but I suggest to follow the jira work flow for maintaining the zephyr test case which I mentioned in the post

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/What-to-set-in-the-status-of-a-Zephyr-ticket/qaq-p/1352765

For this feature you can contact zephyr  support team and raise FR

https://support.smartbear.com/zephyr-for-jira/

0 votes
Answer accepted
jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2020

Based on status you can't freeze the testcase for this you raise FR but based on users you can freeze editing the testcase

Eg: give edit permission only for users who can edit the test steps. For this you can use jira edit issue permission

Thanks Jagadeesh. Can the Edit permission applicable by projects or by Test case? Once the test case is approved, if edit the access of the tester (to not edit access), can he still create test case within that project? will he be still able to execute the test case?

jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2020

It's applicable at project level , like how jira permission behave it's same for zephyr. If you are applying edit permission for issue,  its for all issue types not only for zephyr Test issue type  

Yes tester can create the testcase, if he has create issue permission and execute in cycle summary

Thanks Jagadeesh. 

1 vote
Colin Main June 24, 2022

I would like this too please. I find some inexperienced testers are putting test results in the test case, which messes things up.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events