How can customize my work flows for different projects?

Vivek_ Thota November 29, 2015

How can customize my work flows for different projects? i.e for example if I have a project where Product has submitted their task and once they say done then directly the task should assigned to development team or custom options in workflow where product team can assign from them to development and so on...

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2015

Hi

It is possible to define different workflows for different projects and indeed for different issuetypes within a project. You should start by visiting https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-workflow-185729632.html to get an overview of how each workflow is configured. Then when you have your workflows defined for your different projects/issuetypes you group them together in a workflow scheme that is applied to a single project. By having different workflows associated with the same issuetype but in different workflow schemes you can do exactly what you asked.

I hope this helps.

Phill

What if I want to have a custom workflow associated to an specific project and allow the project admin to modify that workflow as needed.

Would that be possible? OR the project admin must have JIRA admin permissions in order to modify that workflow?

Suggest an answer