How can I view the timelogs entered by the scrum teams in Next Gen Projects

Manish Sheth March 26, 2019

Scrum team is entering their timelogs in a JIRA project created as "Next Gen Project". How can I view the time logged by the team. When clicked on Timesheet or even using Tempo it does not show the timelogs for selected Next Gen Project and Date duration.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2019

Hi @Manish Sheth ,

Next Gen Projects do not offer the option to give users the "View all worklogs" permission so they can view worklogs of other users.

As a workaround, you can give users the "View Team worklogs" permission for the Scrum team ( or any team that includes members that are logging on this project). This permission gives access to view the worklogs that are created by members of the Team (see also https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/178388993/To+grant+View+Team+Worklogs+permissions).

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Manish Sheth March 27, 2019

Hi Susanne,
Thank you for suggesting a workaround. This is very helpful. I have implemented your suggested way and its working fine.

I have one more query around this,

I have same Team Lead who is managing multiple Projects (next Gen types) and multiple scrum teams. I have created only one "Team" that is associated with those multiple projects and include all the scrum teams. However, I want to restrict so that all the "Members" should not be able to view this "Team" data. I tried following the steps described in section - "To determine the visibility of a team". 

But could not restrict the "Team" visibility for the members who are part of the “Team”. See this attached image (yellow highlighted).

Is there a way to remove the default access to "Members" and only allow specific added members to view the “Team”.

Thanks,

Manish Sheth

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2019

Hi @Manish Sheth ,

It is not possible to remove the members from viewing their team ( this is the team overview page, including the information who are the members in the team, who is team lead and the Projects that are linked).

You can only restrict their access to view data ( worklogs and/ or plans ) of other team members in Tempo by removing the permissions for the "Members" role ( in the Team permissions view).

Regards,

Susanne 

Like Manish Sheth likes this
Manish Sheth March 27, 2019

Understood. 

In that case, I will proceed by creating seperate teams and manage the permissions.

Thank you once again for your response and providing a working solution.

Suggest an answer