How can I view my epics as swimlanes in greenhopper?

Jeff Guthrie January 9, 2013

I have a query (in the Swimlane configure section) setup as: "Epic Name" = Styleguide

My epic's name is Styleguide.
But when I view the rapid board, the swimlane doesnt show up... ?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Hello,

There is currently a story on the backlog for just such a feature: GHS-7753

Vote on that to show your support.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon
Agile Coach, Twitter

Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

Thanks! voted and watched :)

1 vote
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2013

The issue Nick mentions above: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7753 is now in it's final stages and this feature will be available most likely in GH 6.2.1

It works like the other swimlane strategies in that it is selected in the Board configuration under the Swimlane tab.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Epic Link = "Epic Issue Id", the reason being Epics are not shown in the Work mode and the JQL that you used is for Epics, stories do not have that value.

Jeff Guthrie January 9, 2013

So I would need to put each story id in the epic into that jql query? I cant just say group all epic stories under this epic name?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

As the Swimlane configuration supports automatically creating lanes based on Stories, not based on Epics, the reason being. Epics generally span across Sprints and while a sprint is being viewed, the focus is Story based.

Are you talking about swimlanes based on stories or epics? (you mention 'story id' in the last comment)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Yeah, then the above JQL will help you.

Jeff Guthrie January 10, 2013

I wanted a swimlane that showed all the stories of a particular epic. Cheers!

Taber Loveless
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

The only problem with this is that SubTasks of an Issue (in an epic) are in the 'everything' swimlane. How do I get the subtaks to also show in its parent issues epic swimlane?

Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

I too would like to have epics as swimlanes. But i don't want to make a JQL query for each :S

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013

@Renjith In 6.2 Epic Link is no more "Epic Issue Id", at least in issue navigator it's not displayed as the epic's id but instead as a text link. Is there still a way to output only the id?

Suggest an answer