How can I use Jira for business development tracking of partnerships, leads, and tasks?

Kim Tunnell March 8, 2024

We use Jira in our SaaS company and I'm assuming a new role as VP of business development.  I need to create a way to track leads, partnerships, set priorities, collaborate with our team, store files, and assign tasks.  I'm familiar with the Roadmaps that we have created.  Are there some examples of business development templates or other tools in Jira that would help?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hi Kim,

I would recommend creating a Jira Work Management Company-managed project. 

Click on the Projects menu at the top and select Create Project

Click on Sales on the left hand menu

Select the appropriate template - maybe Lead Tracking or Sales Pipeline

Be sure to click on Show More link and change the Project Type to Company-managed. 

Then complete the rest of the fields. 

0 votes
Michael Yaroshefsky - Visor for Jira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Kim Tunnell

Congrats on your new role as VP of Business Development.

Templates-wise, I'd recommend either the sales pipeline template or the lead tracking template from Jira.

You can find them both here https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/templates/sales

I hope this helps,

Michael

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events