How can I use Jira Classic in a company that is not for software development?

Claudia B. González Alonso August 1, 2019
 How can I use Jira Classic in a company that is not for software development?

2 answers

2 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

Hey @Claudia B. González Alonso

By classic I am guessing you mean classic project types? There's alot of different uses for Jira projects. Like you said, you can use them for software development. I know plenty of companies that use them to field requests like hardware order requests. While that is a common use, you could use Jira Service Desk which was explicitly made for that use case.

I used to be apart of an IT team that used a basic software project with swimlanes to manage their internal tasks. This was great because there were quick filters for each member of the team so they could view only their tickets or other team members tickets.

I implemented Jira Service Desk for departments like Merchandising and Facilities to field requests like Data Issues, and basic facilities requests. Again that was in JSD but it can be done in Jira Software/Core if everyone has a Jira license and you don't want to use a portal.

There's probably a million other ways to use it but that's just some off the top of my head.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2019

Hi Claudia - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, there are many different uses for non-software development. We do a lot of that, but also we have setup Jira to handle position requisitions for HR along with Compensation Adjustments (annual raises) for Team Members. Also for shipping/inventory, etc. 

Is there something specific you need guidance for?

Suggest an answer