How can I update the name for my account?

Shehryar December 23, 2020

we recently changed our orgs name, and I'd like to update Jira as well. I've followed all the documentation but nothing worked.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2020

Hi Shehryar,

in case you should not have resolved this issue meanwhile please let us know about details like Nic said.

In case you want to change your application or site name this article might be of help.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/change-your-application-or-site-name-873871356.html

If this was not what you are looking for, please let us know,

Regards,
Daniel

Shehryar December 28, 2020

Thanks Daniel,

it seems like I am trying to update the base url.. 
i followed the following:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-the-base-url-938847830.html

I don't see any base url update options.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2020

The documentation is for server while you are using a cloud subscription.
The way to choose would be to contact Atlassian Support to rename the site name - but this is not an option with free plan that you are currently using.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

What are you trying to update in Jira?

Shehryar December 28, 2020

I am trying to update the name `****` from `https://****.atlassian.net/...`. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

Ok, your other thread says you've been reading documentation for Jira Server, which isn't much help for a Cloud system such as the one you are using.

You cannot change the base url yourself (there's an improvement logged for it).

For fully supported Cloud systems, support can change it, and you can raise a support request and they'll do it (but not frequently, so choose a good new site name for it, it won't change again for a long time unless you take the manual approach)

You've said you are on the Free version of Cloud, which is not supported for this, so you would have to do it the hard way:

• Subscribe to a second Cloud system, with the new url
  • Take a full backup of the current system, downloaded to your computer
  • Use "restore from backup" on the new system, feeding it the backup
  • Stop using the old system, and kill off your subscription to it 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS