How can I update the Resolution of a ticket in a team managed project?

Kim W June 8, 2022

I would like to be able to set the Status to be set to Done and to set the Resolution to Won't Do without putting the ticket.  But, when the Status of a ticket is set to Done from the issue view, the Resolution was automatically set to Done as well.

Ideally, I would add a transition to the workflow that would let me set the Status to Done and then automatically update the Resolution with a post function.  I have done this on a company managed project.  But, that does not seem to be an option for team managed projects.

Alternately, I would like to add the Resolution to the issue view so that I can edit it there.  But, that does not seem to be an option either.

Am I missing something, or do I need to move to a company managed project to get the functionality I'm looking for?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Kim Warzinski and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible.  There is an open suggestion here that is gaining traction.  I recommend you vote for it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17499

As you mentioned, you could migrate to a company-managed project or as a workaround, you could add a new "Done" status called "Won't Do" to your workflow.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events