How can I style default text in a multi-line text field?

AndrewCranston August 7, 2017

I have created a custom field - a multi-line text input. 

I have set the renderer to be Wiki-style, and added default content with wiki markup:

{color:gray}
Account (email))
----
{color}

{color: grey}
Platform & Version (web/iOS 3.05.06)
----
{color}

However, when I create a new issue, this default text is loaded as static text rather than compiled html. (below screenshot)Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 2.46.00 PM.png

Once I enter text into that field and select save though, it renders with the correct styling. (below screenshot)
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 2.45.44 PM.pngf

Is there any way to make it render as it should when it first loads? Forcing users to find where to input  text around curly braces, etc is a non-starter.

Thanks,

Andrew

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

Hi Andrew,

I was unable to reproduce this in JIRA 7.4.1.  I used the code you posted and here are my screenshots:

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 2.58.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-08 at 2.58.31 PM.png

By default I was on the Visual tab but switching to the Text tab allowed me to see the code.  Is the behavior that the tab is set to Text by default or does it show up like that when it's set to Visual as well?

One thing I have noticed is that if you go to create an issue have clicked on it will be on the same tab when you create another issue.  Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

AndrewCranston August 14, 2017

Thanks Branden, but I don't see tabs for "Visual" or "Text". Is there a way to have the default behavior of a wiki-render field be Visual?

I'm not 100% on our version, but under 'About JIRA' I see:

JIRA v1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT

And for addons:

JIRA Service Desk Application v3.3.0-OD-1000.1871.0

Attached is my view when creating a new bug, and the item as listed in "custom fields"

Thanks,Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 4.11.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-14 at 4.17.13 PM.png

Suggest an answer