How can I stop JIRA from autocorrecting "JIRA" to "Jira"?

Andrew Stanton May 28, 2021

I know I can Ctrl+Z after the word is typed and it changes, but at the time it changes I've already started the next word so Ctrl+Z undoes the wrong thing at that point.

I just want JIRA to stop messing with what I typed. No autocorrect, no Url-> SmartCards, etc. All of that is not necessary and unwanted.

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Confluence does this, but I've not seen Jira do it.

Of course, it's not the wrong thing to do - Jira is the trademark and the correct name for it, JIRA is now incorrect, and you shouldn't be using it.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2021

I read about the autocorrection before but I am not able to find it in Community right now.
Testing on my cloud site (just wanted to see that 'live') currently it is not reproducable.

@Andrew Stantonis there something special to do to get it corrected? I tested it in a comment of an Issue in a team-managed project and in a 'description' of an issue.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

I get the exact same autocorrect in Jira comments and when I'm editing a Confluence page, but not in other tabs (like this one) in the same browser.

(I have no issue with this particular auto-correct. Just adding another data point.)

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2021

Hi Andrew,

I suspect it is another tool you have running that is doing that, and not Jira itself. Maybe something in your browser or laptop/phone.

I have never had "Jira" autocorrect my typing. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2021

And “Jira” is the proper form. 

Like John Funk likes this
Andrew Stanton May 28, 2021

@John Funk  - its only happening in JIRA, not here  or other sites in the same browser.

@Jack Brickey  - "Proper" doesnt matter in this case. I typed what I typed. Its not autocorrecting anything else like this. It may be their brand but its not their content.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2021

Fair enough

Suggest an answer