How can I split a project into teams?

Josh Harris September 21, 2014

I have two projects currently, a video game, and the video games launcher. I tried to find out myself but had no luck. How can I split each project into teams? Such as having a programmer team, assets team, and designer team? I would ideally like each team to also have a team leader who can plan the month's sprint for their team.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2014

The most obvious way to do this is with groups.  However, I'd be strongly tempted to use roles instead (and I would recommend you do this because it's more flexible and easier in the long run).  Create a programmer role, an assets role and a designer role, and then put people into the right roles in each project.

You might want to change the permissions and notifications to use these roles more effectively as well.

However, the team-lead might be a bit more difficult - there isn't really that concept in JIRA, so you might want to have a role for "team lead" or even one role per team!

Suggest an answer