How can I show future sprints on a board with a filter?

bron.davies January 2, 2020

Let's say I have two boards, one that shows everything (no filter) and another that uses a filter to show "Bugs" like this:  

issuetype = Bug ORDER BY Rank ASC

On the unfiltered board, I can see my future sprints (even if there isn't anything in that sprint) But on the filtered board, I can only see sprints that have a "Bug" attached. How can I show all the future sprints on my filtered board?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2020

Hi Bron - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You do realize that the filtered board would not show anything on the future sprints anyway if there are no Bugs - correct?

When you set a board based on a filter of issuetype = Bug, there will NEVER be anything on that board except Bugs. 

bron.davies January 2, 2020

Yes, I realize that.  Is there a better way to create a board for a particular type of issue that also shows the future (empty) sprints?  We'd like to do it this way so we can manage the backlog of bugs separately but still see them when looking at the whole picture.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Why don't you just create a Quick Filter on your board for the Bugs? Then you can click on and off of it and only have one board to manage. The Quick Filter would be just like you have above but without the ORDER BY: Issuetype = Bug

bron.davies January 3, 2020

Perfect! Thank you.

Jeff Davidson July 12, 2021

Hey John,

How do I create a second board and how do I create boards for backlog and future sprints?

Thx!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Suggest an answer