How can I set a configuration for a project that determines if the project is Capitalized or Non-capitalized?

BernardH January 28, 2015

I would like to add a project flag that dictates whether a project is Capitalized or Non-Capitalized. More importantly I need this to carry forward to add products such as tempo so I can run timesheet reports based on capitalized work vs non-cap work. I know I can add to any given story or task a custom field for this but at the project level I would also like to be able set this kind of field for reporting purposes. Suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
George Mihailoff January 28, 2019

The question is not whether a project is capitalizable or not, but what phases of the project can be capitalized. Research/planning is expensed, the implementation phase can be capitalized, later/ongoing maintenance is expensed.

Besides the project phases, you need the cost that is essentially the workforce (read you need to quantify time spent on that work).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2015

Could you use project category for this?  Or are you already using it?

Suggest an answer