Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I send attachments from Jira to Slack?

I would like to do an automation that will send attached files from the issue to the Slack channel.

Example:
The task has reached a certain status, and the employee (who is not a Jira user) needs to check the attachments of this task. After checking, he needs to update the issue status. (Optional) After that, the task moves further along the statuses.
I hope for the help of our friendly community =)

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon Community Leader Sep 12, 2022

You can't do this by default.

Anyone affecting the tickets (changing their status) will need to be a Jira user (licensed), or else they won't even see the ticket info, nor will they be able to do anything else on that ticket (even commenting isn't possible, since that's controlled by a permission scheme that they're not part of)

You might be able to create a custom bot in slack that does this sort of thing - with a service account, and some complicated automation -  but what you're asking for is not out-of-the-box behavior, and probably will have some pretty tricky technical hurdles.

Chris Buzon Community Leader Sep 12, 2022

You also *might* be able to use HALP to do something like this - but it'll require some pretty deep investigation into HALP to do it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events