How can I see time logged through Harvest against issues in the burndown chart?

Bea Schuhmacher June 2, 2022

We currently track time directly in Harvest as when we do it in Jira it isn't putting it under the correct epic. It also doesn't deduct time against the issue and I require this to utilize reporting.

Is there a way to do both simultaneously?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira can't report on data it doesn't have.  You need to log the work in Jira for it to report on it (I'd then look at an app that can duplicate the time logs into Harvest if you need them there too)

I'm not sure why you say "Jira isn't putting it under the correct Epic" - are you not putting your stories into the right Epics?

Bea Schuhmacher June 3, 2022

Thanks! We decided to go with the Harvest 42 add-on to do what we need.

The stories are under the correct Epics, it seems that when you export there is a miscommunication. I believe with the addition of 42 we won't need to concern ourselves with the issue as we can track all the reports in one place

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Yes, I've seen bugs in harvest that land us with logs that don't work, but they are not hard to work with.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events