How can I see the email users in the section "people" of a project.

Isaias Salazar Torrealba September 20, 2022

Hi Everyone.

Hope be fine.

I would like to know, how can I see the email users that was added to a project. When I enter into the project, in the section "People"  I only can See the users name in the column "Name", but  the  column "Email" is empty in the most of the case.

for example:

Name                                    Email                              Role

Andres Gomez                        -                                   Todo e lMundo
Juan Lillo                             jlillo@enterprise.com      Todo el Mundo

Carlos Vara                             -                                   Todo el Mundo

PD: I forgot to say that I am de Org. Admin  privileges

thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi Isaias,

Typically, it only shows the email address for external type people or people who are not a part of the approved domain for the instance. Do the other users have similar email addresses? 

Isaias Salazar Torrealba September 20, 2022

Hi Jonh,

In this case, I only can see the email of the users of the company that have the instance (our company our instance). but we  work with many providers, that we add to our projects, and it will be more easy, if we can see the email of this users.. this happens  in all of the projects.

do you have maybe any configuration to solve this?.

Our projects leads, sometimes need to see the email to told us, the user who they need to delete because maybe that users, does not work anymore with us,  for example. .  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

To be honest, I don't know how that is configured, especially as you describe it in your instance. I would submit a support ticket to Atlassian to see what they say. 

Please post the resolution back here so it can be helpful for future readers of this post. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Isaias Salazar Torrealba September 22, 2022

Hi John,

hope you be fine.

I was searching, and I found that when and external user is added for first time in the jira domain (cloud), this user can selet an option on the personal configuration, that allow him choose if he/she want to share the email adrees.

(this email doesn´t see, only in the section "People" of a project)

So, thats the reason about in a Jira Domain, only we can see the internal email of the company, because the email its configurate by certain internal policies.

But whit external users, they can choose about to share de email.

It's would be nice, if we could find and option that allow us like an "Org admin", to place by defect the option, to always share the email of this external users that we invite to our projects.

best regards

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

Thanks for the update, Isaias! I am sure it is because of privacy laws that they have to let the user not share their email. But you could always use the same link above and make that suggestion for Atlassian to respond to. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events