How can I see my newly created team in people?

Sona Evanesyan November 12, 2020

Hi community,

I have created a new team and now want to add this team in projects' permissions, while when going to people his new team is not in the list of my teams and in projects it is alos not available .

Thanks beforehand

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi Sona,

When you say you created a "team" where did you do that? What were your steps? 

If you are referring to a "group" then make sure you are in the group or you will not be able to use the group. 

Sona Evanesyan November 12, 2020

I went to people form top menu, click on +Start a team , chose members including me and clicked start. While when I go to any project and want to add that group it is not seen

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

I have never been able to get the Team function to work for assigning roles, etc. if that is what you are doing. Others might have success with it. 

I create a Group in Settings > User Management > Groups

Then you can use the Group in the People section of Project Settings. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2020

Teams are a whole different animal but also very confusing.

If you read this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/teams-in-atlassian-products-976161199.html you can even see that Teams are not even bound to your site but to a user itself. 

It's more like a social thing almost it seems where you can have a "Team" that works together and can share things but not based on a project.

Like @John Funk  says, groups are the way to go here :)

Sona Evanesyan November 13, 2020

Oh , thanks a lot . I did it with group . As really confused in use case of team 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events