How can I see every ticket a user has touched in a report form

Christopher Leach July 6, 2020

I need to be able to see all tickets a user edited in any way for instance:

changed the status of
commented on
was assigned to

I know about the assignee was JQL search but that only helps cover tickets which a user was assigned to. any help with this would be great. 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

Hi @Christopher Leach 

Please try the following for status and assignee.  For comments, I believe you would need one of the marketplace add-on tools to enhance JQL.

project = myProject AND status CHANGED BY "username"

project = myProject AND assignee WAS "username" OR assignee = "username"

Best regards,

Bill

Christopher Leach July 8, 2020

Hi Bill,

The changed by operator is not allowed to be used with a username in cloud. If i'm wrong I apologize but I couldn't get it to work. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2020

Hi, and that is curious.  I tried both of those before I posted them, and I just tried again and they both worked for Cloud.

Don't use quotes for the username.  Or, just start typing in the name and let type-ahead search help.  When you use type-ahead it will replace the name with the long alpha-numeric string.

Christopher Leach July 8, 2020

Hi Bill,

for me the type ahead does not auto search the usernames as it normally does in most expressions. below is what i show.

image.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2020

In that case, if you know the user name, just type it in.  For my company, the type-ahead would trigger when I started typing either the user name or the email address.  If it still doesn't work, something else is happening.

Of note: I find the type-ahead does not work later in a JQL expression when there are any earlier errors in the expression.  Other times, you can just backspace a bit, start typing again, and the type-ahead search may start working.

Your mileage may vary.  :^)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events