How can I revert Agile gadget to display burndown, burnup and velocity charts?

Jonathan del Valle March 14, 2013

My Agile gadget was working correclty until a couple of days ago. The burndown, burnup and velocity tabs were visible for my project. However, those tabs suddenly disappeared.

Other users can view these tabs for this and other project. Plus, I can see these tabs for other projects. I tried clearing my cache, logging from a different computer, and that didn't solve the issue.

How can I make the tabs reapear?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonathan del Valle April 10, 2013

With Andre's help, I was able to get the tabs back. Apparently, when I opened my board and then switched to Classic view, something happened behind the scenes that removed the tabs when I went back the the dashboard.

So, I followed these steps to get them back:

1. Go to Agile board for my project

2. Go to Classic view

3. Select Classic Board Chart

4. Go back to Dashboard for the same project

The burndown, burnup and velocity tabs reappeared.

0 votes
Todd March 26, 2013
I had this same problem and thanks to the links posted here (and just playing around) I found how to do it. Here is the step by step:
1) The GreenHopper Scrum Template must be configured:
Project -> select project -> Administer Project
Click Issue Types
'GreenHopper Scrum Issue Type Scheme' should be selected. If not, click Actions -> Use a Different Scheme and select 'GreenHopper Scrum Issue Type Scheme'
2) Change the Project Template to Scrum:
Agile -> Classic
Select your project
Tools -> Configuration
Change your project template to Scrum
Hope that helps!
Jonathan del Valle March 27, 2013

Hi Todd,

I came across the posting that you mentioned, and that wasn't my problem. The project template is already set to Scrum, and the problem persists. I submitted a support ticket like Jeison suggested, and Atlassian was able to reproduce the issue; so, they're researching this.

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

Jonathan del Valle April 10, 2013

With Andre's help, I was able to get the tabs back. Apparently, when I opened my board and then switch to Classic view, something happened behind the scenes that removed the tabs when I went back the the dashboard.

So, I followed these steps to get them back:

1. Go to Agile board for my project

2. Go to Classic view

3. Select Classic Board Chart

4. Go back to Dashboard

The burndown, burnup and velocity tabs reappear.

Many thanks to Andre for all his help. I hope that this will help others as well.

Jonathan

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2013

Hey Jonathan,

Have a look at the documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+the+Classic+Agile+Gadget#UsingtheClassicAgileGadget-ConfiguringtheGreenHopperClassicAgileGadgettodisplayCross-ProjectBurndownCharts

On the bottom of the page you can see: "(warning) The 'Burnup' and 'Velocity' tabs will only be displayed if all the issues selected by your chosen filter, use the Scrum template."

That should probably solve the problem. I hope it helps.

Hi Jeison,

I saw the documentation while I was doing my research. These project and the other one (which I can see all the tabs) were created using the Scrum template. I don't understand why other users can see all the tabs for this project while I can't.

Do you have any other suggestions that I can try?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2013

Jonathan,

Well, it looks like a permission issue, considering other users can see all the tabs for this project. I'd check the project permissions against one other project where you can see the tabs, and if you don't find anything there, feel free to raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com to have this investigated by an Atlassian engineer.

Keep us posted.

Jeison,

I have less rights in the other project where I can see all the tabs. So, I'll go ahead and submit a support ticket.

Thanks again for your quick reply! I'll let you know what happens.

Jeison
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2013

Glad I could help, Jonathan. Once you figure that out, make sure you post a comment here with the solution. That could help other users facing the same issue :)

Have a great day!

I definitely will. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer