How can I rename the Greenhoppers default issue types?

Johannes Neuber August 16, 2011

I've got the following questions:

1. Is it (safely) possible to rename the default Greenhoppers issue types (i.e. "Technical Task" into "Task", "User Story" into "Requirement")?

2. If yes, how can I do this? I can't find the form to do this. (I'm using Jira 4.3 with Greenhopper)

3. If no, I would like to create new Issue Types and -schemes. Are there any restriction when using Greenhopper with custom issue types?

Thanks a lot.

Johannes Neuber

2 answers

1 vote
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2011

There already is a Task issue type, so you won't be able to have a second issue type with the same name.

I would (a) make a copy of the GreenHopper Issue Type Scheme, (b) create a new issue type for Requirement, and (c) adjust the new issue type scheme to use Task instead of Technical Task and Requirement instead of Story.

Johannes Neuber August 17, 2011

Yes that's how I did it so far. But I'm not sure if there any restrictions/requirements regarding/to custom Issue Types (or customs fields), if they should be used together with the GreenHopper Plugin (Planning Board, Backlogs und Burndown Charts etc). Thanks. Johannes

justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2011

The only thing to be careful with using a non-standard issue type scheme with GreenHopper is if you want to use the Scrum Template. You can read about it here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Specifying+your+Project+Templates#SpecifyingyourProjectTemplates-Aboutthe%27Scrum%27Template

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2011

Hi Johannes,

Yes, this is possible. You can change the name of the issue types within the GreenHopper Scrum Issue Type Scheme.

Thank you.

Nicholas Muldoon

Johannes Neuber August 17, 2011

Hi Nicholas.

Thank's for your reply. I only found the possibility for renaming Issue Types globally ("Manage Issue Types -> Global Issue Types") so far.

But we have several projects running. That's why I created my own Issue Type Scheme to be used with my Project. Unfortunatly I can't find the rename Issue Type option within the "Modify Issue Type Scheme" form. How can I do this?

Thanks.

Johannes

Suggest an answer