How can I remove a post function?

Peter Drier October 21, 2012

Just switched to the "Greenhopper simplified workflow" for our ondemand project.. The default conversion workflow sucks.. Breaks the users who use jira dashboards to see the same issues, as now they can't Close/Resolve their issues and vacate them from their "Assigned to me" widget.

Annoyed.

I've managed to add back in the "Resolve Issue Screen" to the appropriate workflow steps (Why this was taken out is baffling to me).

Now I'm stuck with this stupid post function clearing out the resolution forcefully:

Type: class
Class: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.function.issue.UpdateIssueFieldFunction
Arguments:
field.value =
field.name = resolution

And I can't see any way to remove it. Thus all of our Resoltions are "Unresolved" and nothing can be closed from Jira's point of view.

?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2012

Hi Peter,

Yes, I know, just bumped into this today and already created a bug report for it: AOD-6128.

While it is not fixed, the available workaround is to recreate the transitions removing the problematic post-function or to export the workflow XML, remove the post-function and and re-import it to your instance.

Cheers,
Clarissa.

0 votes
thanh khuong January 21, 2013

Screenshot -

0 votes
thanh khuong January 20, 2013

I'm not able to edit the post fucntions anywhere using ondemand jira, so I'm stuck with the resolution field not set. Can someone help me? I do not see the screen above at all. I can export the workflow into XML but again, there is no way for me to reimport it. Thanks.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

Are you working on a draft version of the workflow? You cannot edit an active workflow. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Editingaworkflow

thanh khuong January 20, 2013

Yes. I am working on a draft version of the workflow. I can edit the transition, but all I'm able to do is select the screen to view upon that transition. I don't see the option for editing validators/posts. I'm using Ondemand jira and Greenhopper Simplified workflow. The options I have when clicking on the cog icon are "delete step", "view step properties", and "issue editable".

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Ah, I guess you have global transitions. Do you see the transitions listed on the left side? Click there and edit. What you are trying to edit is the step not a transition.

OR

You are trying to edit a step, rather than right clicking on the transition.

Screenshot can help us.

thanh khuong January 21, 2013

This is what I see when I edit a specific transition. So when I put a ticket to "In QA", I get the resolve issue screen, and set resolution to "Fixed", but right after that, the resolution is set to "Unresolved".

I have a screenshot below, but it does not show when I hit Save.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

copy paste the xml in http://pastebin.com/ and give the link here

thanh khuong January 22, 2013

Showing the XML may not be helpful because I can't upload the modified XML. Here is my screenshot when I go to edit the global transition.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1z5nEaIe6-1aWVTt1iSaf9Fk1Y8S3bt-SNDEzkHa9lb8/edit

thanh khuong January 23, 2013

xml from pastebin - http://pastebin.com/fVhKvXUa

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013

Now I am confused. Can you abandon the Visual editor for workflow and switch to text mode (the text button on left top in the same screen)? Once done, select the transition and see whether the post functions are shown.

thanh khuong February 3, 2013

Renjith, thank you for trying to help me. I've tried what you said too and when I'm in the text mode, I do not see any post functions at all or the ability to modify them.

I'm at a point where I've already abandoned the Jira Simplified Work Flow and have now switch back to a customized workflow. Again, this is only an issue if you switch to Jira Simplified Work Flow halfway in the project AND using OnDemand.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

I am sorry that I am unable to understand what is going wrong. May be you can raise a suppor ticket and Atlassian engineers can look into your OnDemand instance.

0 votes
Deleted user October 23, 2012

My users seem to appreciate the smoother transition of not having to set a resolution while closing an issue, but, for us, having both resolution and status was redundant. I modified their dashboards and removed Atlassian's "Assigned to Me" gadget and replaced it with and Filter Results gadget using a public filter along the lines of:

assignee = currentUser() AND status IN (Open, "In Progress", Reopened) ORDER BY priority

It seems the "strikethrough" applied to resolved issues was tied to the resolution field though, so it's a trade off.

Peter Drier October 24, 2012

I'm torn myself now on this too.. Gave up with the Greenhopper workflow.. and drew my own.. Ended up adding in a QA testing step, but since the resoltion is before then (and the resolution is thus set) then the rest of jira thinks the issue is done.

tempted to make a temporary field and copy the resolution there.. but that's more ugly.

Would love if I could set the condition that Jira considered done somewhere (project specific)

Deleted user October 24, 2012

It seems that by adding the new function that does something similar I've modified the fist one altogether. I may have broken everything but it seems to wok just fine now.

Deleted user October 24, 2012

I actually got this working today by just adding a new post function to the GHS workflow that gets called after the reset function and sets the Resolution field to Fixed. Turns out that strikethrough was more important than I thought. I just added it to the close and resolve transitions and left the clear functions alone on the other transitions.

Suggest an answer