How can I re-use the same columns (statuses) across mutliple projects/boards

Conor Finch September 26, 2022

I am trying to figure out how to get all of the columns (statuses) in 4 separate boards to be aligned, so when i pull reporting on the status type across boards/projets, i am only seeing 1 "to-do" status not 2 or 3. 

I know this was probably something I mistakenly set up as I got my bearings, is there a way to combine duplicate statuses in different boards into the same status?  

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hello @Conor Finch 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with Company Managed or Team Managed projects? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Are you working with Business/Work Management, Software, or Service projects?

When you say you are getting multiple "to-do" statuses, where exactly are you seeing that? Can you provide a screen image that shows those multiple values (while blacking out any confidential information)?

To provide the right advice on reducing duplicate Statuses we are going to need to understand your configuration better.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi Conor - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you are using Company-managed projects, yes, you can easily do that. 

If you are using Team-managed projects, then no - because each project is independent of all other projects and nothing can be shared. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events