How can I put condtion on Resolution field filling (using workflow addon) - Bug workflow in Jira

Ofira Daniel June 18, 2017

I have workflow for bug :

Open --> In Progress --> Resolved --> Done     (+ from Open can move to Block and back to Open)

Developer handle the bug and at the end move the bug from InProgress --> Resolved and set Resolution to Fix / Rejected / Duplicate .

I wants to have 2 field mandatory to fill in case resolution is Fix but they should be skipp in case of Duplicate / Rejected 

(didn`t find how to do it conditional via Conditions / Validators tabs)

How can I do it ?

1 answer

1 vote
Deleted user June 18, 2017

Hi Daniel,

You can use a groovy validator to acheive this functionality. 

As stated in the documentation, the following code can be used to validate fields and make other fields mandatory.

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException
import org.apache.log4j.Category

def Category log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.PostFunction")

Issue myIssue = issue

if (myIssue.getResolutionObject().getName() == "Fixed" && ! myIssue.getFixVersions().size()) {
    invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("fixVersions", "Fix Version/s is required when specifying Resolution of \"Fixed\"")
}

I had similar requirement in the past, where in a custom field must not be empty (that means it should be filled out) if we select resolution value as "fixed". to fullfill this requirement i used the following code : 

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException

Issue myIssue = issue

if (((myIssue.getResolutionObject().getName() == "Fixed") || ( (cfValues['customfieldname'] == null))
{

invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("customfield must be empty if Resolution is Fixed")

}

You can tweak this code to have other field also to be mandatory.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer