How can I move an issue from a team-managed project to a company-managed project?

Shryock, James June 18, 2021

When I attempt to move an issue from the team project to the company project, I keep receiving a notification that I will lose some of my fields because they don't match exactly. If the names of the fields are exactly the same, it creates an error with my automation. How can I do this without losing the data?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Have you attempted a single move operation to assess what happens?

0 votes
Rajesh Kumar Reddy June 18, 2021

Seems the source Project and Target Project have different Screen Schemes (with different fields) and so the error. May be you should configure both Projects with same Screen Schemes in order not to loose data.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2021

Hi @Rajesh Kumar Reddy 

I do not believe that always works, as the Team-Managed projects each can have their own custom fields which are independent of the ones from the Company-Managed ones...and so some fidelity can be lost.  Please see here for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/migrate-from-an-next-gen-project-to-a-classic-project-957974933.html

Best regards,

Bill

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Precisely. That is why I suggested you try a sample to understand what day do you might lose and see if there’s a means of working around it. For example let’s say there’s a certain field that you lose data on and let’s say that Field, is a drop-down with three choices. Then you could move all of the issues with value A and then edit those issues after they move to set the value to A. Repeat for B and C

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events