How can I manage several read privilege on one same JIRA ticket board?

yusuke.yonenaga March 17, 2021

I want to manage issues/requirements for out service from several user company on one JIRA ticket board. And I don't want to prepare a few different ticket board for each user company.
How can I achieve the bellows?

- I need to have Read/Update privilege for all tickets
- Member of each user company have Read/Update privilege for tickets which belongs to their own company, and no access privilege for tickets which belongs to other company.

Is the above possible only with standard plan, or do I need to use some 3rd party app with additional budget?

キャプチャ.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

You could look into Issue Security but to be honest, if I were working with multiple companies I likely would be using separate projects. Of course I don’t know the details of your situation just thinking about keeping company info separate.

yusuke.yonenaga March 17, 2021

Thanks!
If we use "Issue Security", issuer of ticket need to choose security level, which means, ticket issuer of company A can share their company A's confidential information with us and company B, by mistake or intentionally, I guess.
Is there anyway to set this access control automatically (not by ticket issuer) ?
(Sorry if my understanding is wrong)

And as you mentioned, separating ticket board(project) is another option.
I just want to have single point of view for customer service as its a little bit difficult to handle requests/issues from many customers on many different ticket board.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Hi @yusuke.yonenaga  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How are you identifying Company A Staff and Company B Staff issues? Are they all in the same project? Do you have another field that identifies how the ticket applies to which company? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events