How can I make the Task Board display issues for child versions?

Jamie Ide February 14, 2012

The Task Board only displays issues for the currently selected version, it does not include issues from child versions. The Planning Board does include child version issues. How can I make the Task Board behave like the Planning Board in this respect?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2012

There must be something wrong with your configuration. If I select the parent version for the task board, I can see the child version issues also.

Did you check your versions hierarchy ? Do you see the parent version as second fixversion in the regular jira view ?

Best regards

Thomas

Thanks for the reply. I don't see the parent version as the second fix version in JIRA and I wasn't aware that I needed to set this. Do I have to rely on developers to add both versions (actual fix and parent) or does JIRA/Greenhopper do this for me?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2012

no, you don't set the parent version yourself. If you set the parent field of the child version in the planning board view, the parent is automatically added as second version.

I need to play with it a bit more, but it appears that only works if the fix version is set in GreenHopper. It doesn't work if the fix version is set to a child version in JIRA.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2012

Did you set the parent field on the child version ? I think this is the only thing you have to do to make it work.

Suggest an answer