How can I make it compulsory to enter log time information while changing issue status ?

Berna Yavuz June 16, 2019

How can I make it compulsory to enter log time information while changing issue status ?

3 answers

1 vote
HimaBindu M June 17, 2019

Its quite simple. Follow the steps to make worklog mandatory while changing issue status.

1. Create a screen with worklog field.

2. Add the same screen to each transition in workflow.

3. Add validator to make worklog mandatory.

0 votes
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2019

I quite don't understand what's "log information", since if it's transition time, you can check it in issue's activity tab - transitions. 

If it's some additional information, you need a custom field, a screen with this field and then map this screen onto a transition: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mapping-a-screen-to-a-workflow-transition-720634253.html

You can also use some validator to make this field required on a transition.

0 votes
Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2019
  • Create a transition screen
  • Have log work fields on the transition screen
  • Add a validator to make log work mandatory

That's it!. And now every time someone transitions, he/she will have to compulsorily enter log time before moving ahead.

Suggest an answer