How can I make a JQL to include all the stories and bugs under one parent epic list?

Deleted user April 15, 2021

I need to filter out all the stories and bugs under a parent epic list.

All the parent epics in the list must include a dedicate TECH label within a bunch of Jira projects.

Is it possible to generate a JQL for this purpose?

The stories and bugs do not have TECH label. Only all the epics in the epic list have TECH label.

I am not sure how to do it.

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

To get the child issues of Epics use the "Epic Link" field. You can provide a list of Epic issue IDs, and the child issues of all those Epics will be returned.

"Epic Link" in (<Epic-1>,<Epic-2>, <Epic-3>)

JIRA by itself does not include a method the dynamically define that list of Epics. If you want to do something like this:

"Epic Link" in (project=X and issuetype=Epic and Labels in ("TECH"))

...you would need an add-on that supports creating subqueries.

Deleted user April 15, 2021

I need to merge them to one JQL. But I could not find the correct way to do it.  What kind of add-on could support the subqueries? So that query one result could be the input of query 2?

Thank you very much.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

In the Atlassian App Marketplace search for "jql extension". That will give you apps that can extend the JQL search functionality. You'll need to review the apps to see which ones have the functionality you need, and if they support JIRA Server

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=jql%20extension

When I used JIRA Server at my previous company a few years ago, we got that functionality from Adaptavist Scriptrunner, but I assume there are other apps that would also provide the functionality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events