How can I limit issues to one board among multiple boards in a project?

Ranjith Meda July 17, 2017

Hello,

I have a project and have multiple boards under it. When I create a issue, I can see it in both the boards. But, I want to see it only in one board.

I have 2 teams under a project with 2 separate Kanban boards. Both those teams work independently and Stories they work are totally different. For this reason, I want stories written separately for each board and they shouldnt be present on other board unless I make them so.

How to do this? Please help!

Regards,

Ranjith

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Boards do not belong to a project or contain issues.

Boards are a view of a set of issues.  If you want an issue to appear on one board and not another, you need to set the data on it so that the first board selects the issue and the second does not.

I don't know if this will suit you, but it's an example of a way to do it.

Assuming your boards both match the project alone, they'll have a filter like "Project = XYZ".  Change the two filters, so that they say

Project = XYZ and "Team" = "Rangers"

Project = XYZ and "Team" = "Celtic"

From that, you can see that I've added a custom field for "Team".  There are plenty of other options for doing it, but the basic idea is that you need something on the issue you can use in a filter.

I think setting a filter at team will help. Thanks for the reply :)

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Ranjith,

this can be done by creating the board w/ the right filter. With the info you have provided I cannot provide specific details. However, I would suggest that if you can create two filters that achieve the separation you desire then you have the solution. Just use the filters in your two boards.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to keep a filter at team and see if that works. 

Regards,

Ranjith

Suggest an answer