How can I limit issues to one board among multiple boards in a project? Edited

Hello,

I have a project and have multiple boards under it. When I create a issue, I can see it in both the boards. But, I want to see it only in one board.

I have 2 teams under a project with 2 separate Kanban boards. Both those teams work independently and Stories they work are totally different. For this reason, I want stories written separately for each board and they shouldnt be present on other board unless I make them so.

How to do this? Please help!

Regards,

Ranjith

2 answers

2 votes

Boards do not belong to a project or contain issues.

Boards are a view of a set of issues.  If you want an issue to appear on one board and not another, you need to set the data on it so that the first board selects the issue and the second does not.

I don't know if this will suit you, but it's an example of a way to do it.

Assuming your boards both match the project alone, they'll have a filter like "Project = XYZ".  Change the two filters, so that they say

Project = XYZ and "Team" = "Rangers"

Project = XYZ and "Team" = "Celtic"

From that, you can see that I've added a custom field for "Team".  There are plenty of other options for doing it, but the basic idea is that you need something on the issue you can use in a filter.

I think setting a filter at team will help. Thanks for the reply :)

1 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jul 17, 2017

Ranjith,

this can be done by creating the board w/ the right filter. With the info you have provided I cannot provide specific details. However, I would suggest that if you can create two filters that achieve the separation you desire then you have the solution. Just use the filters in your two boards.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to keep a filter at team and see if that works. 

Regards,

Ranjith

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

282 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot