How can I leave a joined organization?

Sơn Đàm June 12, 2020

Hello everyone,

I have joined an organization accidentally. Now I want to leave it by myself but cannot find any way except asking the admin to revoke my site access. Please advise.

Thank you so much.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2020

Hello @Sơn Đàm,

I was able to confirm that you are a licensed Jira Software and Confluence user on the site.

Since you don't know who are the site administrators and we can't mention here because is sensitive information, the best option is to create a ticket as Jack mentioned. 

You are site administrator of other Cloud sites, so you know that the only way for the access to be revoked is if the site admin access the "User management" and manually removes the user.

Please, contact them through a ticket and ask them to remove your account from the site.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2020

@Sơn Đàm a welcome to the Community. Is this Jira, Confluence or Jira Service Desk? I ask because you have listed this in the Jira questions but tagged with Confluence but I’m only aware of “organization” term applying to JSD.

Sơn Đàm June 12, 2020

Thank you for the fast response. I'm new to Jira and other Atlassian products, so the tags may confuse you. The "organization" I'm referring to something like team-1591801073766.atlassian.net (team-1591801073766 is an organization I mean) In the organization uses Atlassian products so I tagged them all. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2020

So that is a URL to a specific Jira instance. In order to join you would need to have been invited unless it is open to the public, which it is not as I just tested it. So you need to reach out to the admin of that instance and ask to be removed. But be sure you really want that to happen since you will not be able to open any issues once you are removed. If you don't know the admin I suggest you simply create an issue in that instance requesting to have your access revoked.

Sơn Đàm June 12, 2020

The URL above is an example only. Yes, you are right,  the Jira instance I have joined is open to the public. I'm asking for a way to leave the Jira instance without asking admin. Or asking the admin is the only way for now?

Mark Frater May 24, 2023

So how do I find out who the administrator for a site is and what do I do if the administrator has left the company?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

Hi @Mark Frater ,

I would start by checking with your IT department to see if they know who the admin is. You can also check with you finance group to find out who pays the bill since they have the ability to contact Atlassian to establish a new Admin if necessary.

Mark Frater May 25, 2023

Thanks for your suggestion Jack. Unfortunately, the admin is a person in another company. The company has since been bought by PWC, so i have no idea how to even get hold of the admin. I've raised a ticket with Atlassian to ask them to remove me from the site.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events