How can I hide issues older than 2 weeks on a next gen board?

Gavin Ott January 14, 2021

Hi,

How can I hide done issues that are older than 2 weeks on my next gen board?  What would these issues look like in the backlog?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2021

Hi @Gavin Ott

based on the article John linked above the automatic clearing after 14 days is reported to be still in place - I just wanted this to add as a different user here in Community some days before was shocked where the issues in Done column went after that time span and we figured out this was this automatism.

So do we understand you correctly this is not working for your next-gen project?

Basically current state is that the column will be cleared after 14 days - or - per manual clearing as per the article.

How does automatic clearing work alongside manual clearing?

The 14-day automatic clearing rule is based on when you resolve an issue, which is currently tied to the DONE column. Manual clearing allows you to clear DONE issues at any time you prefer.

The configuration of the automatic clearing rule is dependent on board settings being shipped first. You can track the progress of board settings here.

In the interim, manual clearing should resolve most of the pain you’ve experienced with completed work.

Is this what you meant?

Regards,
Daniel

Gavin Ott January 16, 2021

Hi Daniel,

My team actually just got Jira and have had it less than 2 weeks so I didn't know about / haven't experienced an automatic clearing after 2 weeks, I was just anticipating the issue of a cluttered Done column.  I assume it works just fine.  Thank you!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

and I expect eventually you will be able to configure the shelf-life of Done issues so they clear automatically.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events