How can I have multiple Sprint teams working off of one Backlog

Jira does not let me 'Start' multiple Sprints. I would like to have a single Backlog which many teams are pulling from. Each team may start and end their Sprints at separate times.

How would I set this up in Jira?

2 answers

1 accepted

I appreciate your response, but I respectfully disagree with your answer. Scaling of Scrum/Agile is allowed to have multiple teams working on one single backlog.

Jira does have this ability. You just have to change the Backlog filter to view another project's backlog.

0 vote

You can try the experimental "start multiple sprints" function in the labs, but it might vanish - Atlassian have not decided if it's a good idea yet.

Unfortunately, this sort of management sort of goes against the principles of Agile where each team should have their own backlogs, so it's not really the right approach.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

41 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot