How can I have 3 different type of issues roll into each other? Basically creating issue hierarchy.

Narges Balouchestani Asli March 21, 2018

Hi, 

I want to create hierarchy for my issue types. For example I want sub-task to roll up to task (which they do automatically) but I also want task to roll up to an activity (For activity which is a new issue type that I introduced, I can only link tasks to this activity rather than have the sub category relationship). 

Can I remove/edit the sub-task feature for each each?

An overarching question which is the reason behind this hierarchy:

I want to import items form Microsoft project and tasks roll up to activities and activities roll up to deliverables, is it possible to create something like that in JIRA?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2018

Hello Narges,

Like Boris mentioned, Structure gives an easy way to visualize such hierarchies in Jira. As for the MS Project import, you can import your data to Jira via CSV import, for example, and as you import it there is an option of creating Jira links between different levels. Once the data is imported, you can visualize it using Structure.

We would be glad to provide more details and answer your questions if you have them, so please feel free to contact us at our Service Desk portal - support.almworks.com - and we will get back to you shortly.

Best regards,

Stepan Kholodov

ALM Works

Narges Balouchestani Asli March 22, 2018

Thank you Stepan. Structure is exactly what I need but I’m working with Jira cloud and based on the documantation it’s not working for Jira cloud , can you please confirm ? 

What solutions do you have for Jira cloud ? 

Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2018

No problem!

Unfortunately, Structure is not available for Jira Cloud yet. We’ve been working on a Cloud version for some time now, but it will take some time before we can release a first finished product. We hope to have a cloud solution in late 2018.

Best regards,

Stepan Kholodov

ALM Works

2 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018
Narges Balouchestani Asli March 22, 2018

Thank you Boris for your fast and informative reply. I’m using Jira cloud and structure is not comparable for that , so any other suggestions?

Suggest an answer