How can I get a velocity Chart report from a team that works in different projects?

Sofia Grunspan December 12, 2022

I need to get a velocity chart report from one team that is working in different projects. What I know is, the report can be got per project but in this case I have more than one.

I've searched for gadget and didn't find any. Can you help me with this? Thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Sofia Grunspan 

The built-in velocity chart report is based on the filter for a specific Scrum board.  Have you tried accessing report from that team's board?

Kind regards,
Bill

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Adding to what @Bill Sheboy said...

Does the team have a single board with a sprint that covers the multiple projects, or is the team working in multiple boards (i.e. a board for each project) where there are separate sprints for the work in the separate projects?

Velocity Charts are based on Sprints. The team would need to have a Scrum board that encompasses the multiple projects, and a series of sprints that covers their work across the multiple projects.

If the team is working in separate boards for the different projects and separate sprints for the different projects then you will not be able to use the native Velocity Chart to get a report of the team's velocity.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events