How can I get a task to move column after an amount of time

Greg December 16, 2020

Hello All,

I would like for stagnant jobs to move columns after receiving no action for a week. 

How can I use automation in my board in order to do this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

To be clear here you don’t use automation specific to a board whether he would use automation for your project. With that said I would schedule an automation to run daily. Then as a condition I would check to see when the issue was last updated greater within one week then the action would be to transition the issue. Now the exact logic here depends on a bit more detail on your exact goal. I would suggest to get into automation play with it a bit and see what you come up with. If you get stuck let us know here on exactly where you’re stuck and we can assist. There is also very good documentation on automation. If you go to support.atlassian.com and search fo “Automation” in the search bar you’ll find that documentation. 

Greg December 16, 2020

I have attempted to create the following:

Capture.PNG

However, I received the following error message: 

Error

• The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: JQL condition, Transition issue
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

Hi @Oliver Warren  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you look at your rule where it shows the error icon (red exclamation point) and the message, it is telling you that you need something for the scheduled rule to process, such as JQL, because the rule touches issues.

Please try adding the JQL that @Jack Brickey suggests to the trigger: rather than putting it in a condition:

• trigger: scheduled with JQL... status = "Completed Demo's / Pipeline" AND updated < -7d
  • action: transition the status

Best regards,

Bill

Greg December 16, 2020

Perfect! Thank you!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS