How can I find Boards / Filters relating to a specific project

Julian Flatt December 18, 2014

For any given project within JIRA is there an easy way of identifying all the Kanban or Scrum boards associated with it (if there are any)? I appreciate that a board's filter doen't need to contain a project name (it could for example just show all issues of type 'Bug') but if it's easier I'd just be interested in boards (filters) where the project name is part of the JQL.

If there isn't an 'easy' way to achieve this does anyone know the SQL that I'd need to run to find this?

Thanks

5 answers

1 vote
Lynsey Nelson March 29, 2016

If you go into any Issue associated with the project, you can click on "View on Board" on the lower Right of the Issue Screen, and it will show you all of the Boards that the issue is associated with. It's a roundabout way, but it works.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2014

There is no "easy" way to do it because they are not directly linked.

SQL isn't going to help either.  The filters are stored in a format such that your SQL boils down to "give me a list of all the filters so that I can read each one and interpret whether it might contain a project in its results".  Most of them will be "project =" or "project in", but you're bound to have users like me who do things like "all bugs where I participated" (all projects that have bugs in their issue type scheme) or "... and category = xyz" (covers a set of projects without naming them directly)

0 votes
Michael Kuhl June 19, 2018

The REST API offers a (rather tedious) way.

Get all boards with this call: 

GET /rest/agile/1.0/board (Doc)

Then for each board returned get the projects for each board: 

GET /rest/agile/1.0/board/{boardId}/project (Doc)

The response will include project info:

"self": "http://www.example.com/jira/rest/api/2/project/EX", "id": "10000", "key": "EX", "name": "Example",
0 votes
Andreas von Euw April 27, 2018

To get at least a 95% list of boards for a Project you can try this SQL:

select b.NAME as boardname, f.filtername, f.reqcontent from AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW b, SEARCHREQUEST f where b.SAVED_FILTER_ID = f.id and reqcontent like '%YOURPROJECTKEY%'

Roystine Machado July 21, 2020

This doesn't work if you have similar project key's or project name's like 
1. ERP
2. ERP BIS

3. ERP SCS 

etc.

any better solution ?

0 votes
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

"View on Board" on the lower Right of the Issue Screen is helpful to some extent.

However it may miss some boards.

for instance: Issue Type = Story, Status = RELEASE. "View on Board" link shows 2 Scrum boards:

1. project = ABC ORDER BY cf[12700]
  2. project = ABC ORDER BY cf[12701]

But it is missing two more boards:

1. project = ABC AND issuetype = Epic ORDER BY Rank ASC
  2. project = ABC and status not in (closed) Order BY Rank ASC

Perhaps it misses only Kanban boards.

Full list of boards is available on any board screen under the project's icon on the top left corner and represented as (...) button (JIRA 6.4.10)

Suggest an answer