How can I fast-forward to a specific sprint number in GreenHopper 6?

Deleted user August 14, 2012

I have just upgraded our JIRA 5.0.1 instance to use GreenHopper 6.0.1 (we used GreenHopper 5.8 previously).

We used to track sprints through versions before and are currently working in sprint 38. How can I fast-forward GreenHopper to start planning for sprint 39 right away?

I can create a new sprint ("Upcoming sprint 1") and another one and another one ... up to "Upcoming sprint 39"; but I'm not able to start working on sprint 39 unless I started/completed all the previous sprints (for which I would have to assign stories to them...).

Can anyone suggest a way to start with a sprint number >> 1 without spending too much time administering JIRA/GreenHopper?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

Hi Jean Pierre,

The number in the "Upcoming Sprint" section isn't the name of the sprint, it's just a placeholder. When you start the sprint you will be asked for a name.

In an upcoming version of GreenHopper we will allow you to name the sprint upfront.

Thanks,
Shaun

Deleted user August 14, 2012

That did the job, thanks!

Could you include this piece of information in the docs (or did I just miss it)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events