How can I export the raw data from the JIRA Reports?

Steve Hooczko December 23, 2020

I want to be able to pull the data from a report, such as Cumulative Flow Diagram, and export it to Excel.

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2020

Hi @Steve Hooczko 

The data used for the different reports is different, and so some may be accessible by JQL and others not so much...

The example report you noted, the "Cumulative Flow Diagram" (JIRA's version), uses issue change history, and that is not all accessible by JQL query.

Please see this other community post for ideas how to do this: JIRA add-ons for Excel or Google Sheets, the REST API, log extraction via webhook, or marketplace add-ons for purchase.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Export-status-change-history-from-Jira-inc-From-To-Date-Time/qaq-p/716193

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

The "raw data" for the reports is just "the issues the report looks at", so if you run a search for the issues it is reporting on (often as simple as "project = XYZ" and updated > -30d"), then you'll be able to use the download option on the tools to get a spreadsheet-friendly dump of the raw data.

Steve Hooczko December 23, 2020

Is there a way to see the JQL or other source that drives the reports in order to create my own gadget with mods?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events