How can I export my personal Jira free project to another paid company account?

Heloisa Prizon August 29, 2022

I created a personal project in Jira and I want to export the whole project to another Jira.

3 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

This document indicates that specified projects can be moved from one cloud site to another:

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/

I have not been through that process myself.

1 vote
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Heloisa Prizon welcome to Atlassian community.

I see you tagged Site admin level, so you can perform the export with the 9 steps listed in this cloud to cloud migration . 

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

Hi @Heloisa Prizon , you cannot export/import a project but you can export/import issues. So if you recreate the project configuration 8n the new instance you can export the issues from the old instance and import them into the new project. Basically you rely on the CSV Export/Import feature.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

BTW, here is an import reference if you need it - create-issues-with-the-csv-importer . Export is simply done via the Advanced issue search page.

Like Heloisa Prizon likes this
Heloisa Prizon August 30, 2022

Free Jira is creating a Task type issue when importing, can we convert this Task into Test Case?
This export/import is a generic issue, can you set it later?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

There are two options.

• Configure the issue types prior to import - remove task and only have "test case".
  • Perform a bulk edit after the import.
Like Heloisa Prizon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events